Sometimes I think we need a perspective shift,
at least I know I do.
I read something this morning about being thankful.
Many times it is easier to complain than to be thankful.
It is so easy to overlook all the things we have to be thankful for in our lives.
In fact, one of my thoughts was, what do I have to be thankful for.
Then immediately I realized that was ridiculous and made a list.
My list is random, but it definitely changed my outlook on the day.
Here is part of mine:
– a place to live
– running water
– blankets to stay warm
– melting snow from the blast of winter Monday night
– US passport
– food to eat
– great Skype convo last night
– borrowed dress for an upcoming wedding
– customs agent in Uganda was finally found for shipping the books
– getting a part-time job to pay my bills
– ability to walk
– my grandma visiting
– people willing to help me pursue what I think God is calling me to do
What do you have to be thankful for today?